Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Knock it off - Michael Kors Python Trim Shift Dress

Knock it off - Micheal Kors Python Trim Shift Dress
Simplicity 3744


The Inspiration

Pattern Description:
Misses or Miss Petite Dress in three lenghts with ABCD sizing.


Pattern Sizing:
Size 6 to 22 - I made a 12.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes. I used it as the base to knock off the michael kors dress.


Were the instructions easy to follow?
I really didnt read the instructions. So I'm not sure if they were easy to follow. I didnt add the pocket, just the flap, because of my fabric choice.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Liked: The fit. The flaps.
Disliked: Nothing really with the pattern that I didnt like, but the way the python trim is added takes a long time, and a lot of patience.


Fabric Used:
CANVAS!!!! The original dress is made with java colored hemp, and a real python skin. I used canvas, because I couldnt find hemp locally and didnt want to risk buying something online without being able to see the color. The python trim is twill single bias tape, which I made from scratch. Yards and yards and yards of it.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I left out the pockets because the canvas was so thick. I really dont need any more bulk around my midsection, and I was afraid I could get some sagging in the main dress with two more layers of fabric.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I think I have too many princess seamed dresses, so I think i'm going to wait a while before I sew this style again. I would recommend it though.


Conclusion:
Michael Kors knock off - What do you think? I think i'm going to make a few pillow cases or something. I need something easy to work on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment