Thursday, June 2, 2011

Simplicity Bucket Hat

Simplicity Bucket Hat


Pattern Description:
Reversible Simplicity Bucket Hat - 3 Sizes. The pattern


Pattern Sizing:
Small, Medium and Large.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes.



Were the instructions easy to follow?
I couldnt find the instructions :( The pattern was took an hour to find. Hope it stays available.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Liked: Its cute!


Fabric Used:
Beige canvas, and printed cotton from Joann.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I read the hat ran small, so I increased the diameter by adding a half inch seam allowance around the circular top. For the brim and crown I increase the length by 3 inches (1.5 inches on each side). Its a little large, but comfy.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
If I need another bucket hat, this is the pattern I would use. Yes I would recommend it.


Conclusion:
Nice hat! Easy construction, and fun afternoon project.

1 comment:

  1. Your hat is charming. Thank you kindly for sharing the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete