Friday, April 22, 2011

Simplicity 2860

Simplicity 2860 Amazing Fit Pants


Pattern Description: Misses and Miss Petite Pants Amazing Fit Collection.


Pattern Sizing: Size 8-22 with slim, average and curvy fit. 


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes and No. I made some adjustments based on the other reviews. 


Were the instructions easy to follow? After making the jacket in the picture, I was feeling rebellious and so I didn't look at the instructions. On the plus side, there are many other reviewers who probably read the instructions. :)


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Loves: The fit, the way the pants hang without clinging. 


Dislikes: Wish the pants were slightly narrower - they are really classic, and the current style is for slimmer fit pants. 


Fabric used? Mystery fabric from Jomar, I LOVE Jomar! The fabric section anyway!


Pattern alterations or design changes you made?
1. The waist-band. I read the other reviews and the reviewers made note of the rise being really high. To start with, I cut out the front and back, and didnt cut out any other pieces. I made up the pants, put in a lapped front zipper (I prefer zippers on the front, I find them itchy in the back of pants.) Then I tried them on, and they were really high, but the fit was really "Amazing". They didnt need a waistband, or I would have to cut the rise down to put a waistband in. I decided on a hidden facing. On the tissue, I closed up the darts and used the tissue to draw out a pants facing, and thats what I used, understitching the facing and tacked them down to the seam allowances.


2. I found these pants to be slightly short! I'm 5'3, and didnt use the petite sizing. I like to wear a high heel - 3 inches or so, and I could only turn up 1.25 inches on the pants. So If you like to wear high heels and are over 5'3, increasing the hem allowance might be something to consider. 


3. I sewed in the trouser crease. Love those :)


Would you sew it again? Recommend it?
Yes and Yes. 


Conclusion:
Lovely fit. The rise is high, and they may be a tad short if you're a heels gal! Great pair of formal pants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment